Posted by: Regent Homes, on April 20, 2016
They say the kitchen is the heart of the home, and we agree. The kitchen is what brings everyone together; its a place to eat, drink and socialize with friends and family alike. This is the reason we build our homes with the kitchen as the focal point of the home. Because the kitchen is an integral part of the home, we thought we’d share some ideas that might inspire you to create the kitchen of your dreams. Whether you are looking to build a new home, or you have an existing home you are planning to update, we are sure you will find something here you love! Let’s get started.
- Counter-to-Ceiling tile – This is one way to add height and dimension to your kitchen space. By adding a back splash that stretches from the counter to the ceiling, it will give your kitchen an architectural look and create a sense of height.
- Shaker-Style cabinetry – Shaker style cabinets are known for their simplicity and clean lines. You can never go wrong with shaker cabinets because they blend well with various styles and architecture. Your kitchen will look modern and update the feel of your space.
- Industrial-Grade Faucets – Nothing makes cleaning dishes easier than an industrial grade faucet in your kitchen sink. Choose a faucet that comes equipped with a removable head for easy cleaning in your pots and pans. In addition to the usability factor, these faucets give your kitchen a much-needed face lift if you are doing some remodeling.
- Add a Kitchen Island – Though most kitchens in the homes we build include an island of some sort, we understand that not everyone sees a use for them. Adding an island to your kitchen will give you more cabinet and storage space, and serve as a gathering place for guests or a breakfast bar for those quick, on-the-go breakfasts.
- Kitchen Island Lighting – If you are considering adding a kitchen island to your new home, don’t forget the lighting. This not only serves as a functional purpose, but an aesthetic purpose as well. Remember, lighting is one area that should always be carefully thought out, as it can transform the entire look of a home.
- Classic Black and White Palette – If timeless is what you are going for, you must consider a black and white kitchen. With this combination, it’s all about contrast. A black and white kitchen can consist of an array of options. One such example is a white marble counter top with black cabinetry.
- High-End Finishes – One trend we are in love with is unique finishes like matte black and copper. They are take the kitchen aesthetic in a different direction than what has been done in the past. You would be surprised at how your kitchen will look once it is completed by adding one of these finishes into the design.
- Maximize Storage Space – The design of the kitchen still includes the pantry, though we are seeing a trend that is shifting towards just cabinet storage as well. Kitchen cabinets are being designed to pull out horizontally to display shelves for food storage.
- Quartz Counter Tops – Move over granite, quartz is the new trend we are seeing in kitchens. Quartz is great for kitchens because it is not porous, so it will not absorb spills and stains, and it does not need to be sealed like granite. It also provides a clean, consistent look that gives the whole kitchen space a refreshed, modern look.
Amenities and unique touches such as counter tops, lighting, and high-quality fixtures can add significant value to your home. Keep in mind when you are ready to build, these upgrades may cost you a little more, but they will add a great resale value to your home.
Remember, the kitchen is the heart of the home—and you should treat it as such by putting a little love into the design and style.
For more information on how Regent Homes can build the home of your dreams, give us a call or simply contact us here. We look forward to hearing from you.
All Posts, Remodeling