Posted by: Regent Homes, on December 14, 2015
Everyone has an idea of what their dream home looks like in their mind. Why is it then that so many homeowners end up with a home that is not what they envisioned? Maybe they thought that owning their dream home was out of reach, or that it would cost too much money.
Believe it or not, that is what keeps many homeowners from even considering building a new custom home. You are probably asking yourself, “Is a custom home better?” We are going to answer that question for you by comparing the differences between a custom home and a pre-owned home.
Custom Home vs. Pre-Owned Home
When you are searching for a new home, there is usually one ultimate goal, and that is to find a home that will fit your family’s needs. Maybe you are a growing family in need of extra bedrooms or even an empty-nester looking to downsize. Maybe your ultimate goal is to finally have the house of your dreams!
Whatever your needs may be, finding that perfect home can be challenging. That is why most people with very specific family needs or wants choose to build a custom home rather than buying one that was pre-owned. With custom homes, you have the option to oversee the process from start to finish. You are able to add important details that you might not have been able to add in a pre-owned home.
Advantages of Building Custom Home
- Privacy – This one is not always one that is considered first, but we think it is very important. When you choose to build a custom home, you are also able to hand pick the lot or land on which you want to build. If you want a corner lot or a tree-lined lot, that is your option to choose. This is not always an option with pre-owned homes.
- Design & Creative Control – Since you are having a custom home built, you have 100% design and creative control. If you want a bonus room built on the back of the house, we can do that! If you want to build a gourmet kitchen, we can do that too! When it comes to building a custom-home, the details do not stop there. We have endless options for counter tops, cabinetry, hardware and other finishes that will create your unique home.
- Create your Own Outdoor Space – Many people who buy pre-owned homes have to work with the lawn that came with their home. Maybe they did not want much land or maybe they want to build a beautiful garden outside but do not have the room for it. Whatever the needs may be, if you build a custom home, you have the creativity to create the lawn and garden of your dreams as well. This goes back to the first point, you can choose the right lot for your needs.
- Experienced Team of Builders – When building your custom home, you will have an experienced team of builders who understand your vision. If there is ever a concern, we are here to fix it or correct the issue. The communication lines between the client and the builder are always open.
- Energy Efficient Products – When you choose to build a custom home, your home will be built with the most up-to-date and energy efficient products on the market. Everything from windows and siding to the appliances that go into the home are energy efficient. This will help to keep costs low in your new home. While you can update the aspects in a pre-owned home, it can be costly and chaotic.
- No Need for Renovations – If you purchase a pre-owned home, it is likely that you may purchase the home at a lower cost. However, you have to ask yourself, how much might you have to invest into renovations and up-keep? Many people think that building a custom home is too expensive, but when you consider the cost of renovations and non-efficient appliances in the home, costs could very well end up the same.
- Save on Home Repairs – Our custom-built homes come with extensive warranties that cover repairs and malfunctions within the home. When you purchase a pre-owned home, you are not likely to have many warranties, if any at all! This is a very important factor to keep in mind when deciding between a custom home and a pre-owned home.
When you build a custom home, you have peace of mind, knowing that every detail and every fixture has been chosen to your liking. We will work together through each step of the design process to assist you in creating the home of your dreams. Contact us today so we can discuss the plans for your new custom-built home in further detail!
All Posts, Custom Homes